Here is a complete guide for you on how to batch compress PDF files on your Windows 11/10 PC. PDF compression is a process of reducing the size of a PDF file to share on the web. You may also want to reduce the size of the PDF to deal with the limited disk space. Now if you have multiple PDF files and want to compress them all at the same time, what do you do? Well, this article answers your question. In this article, we will discuss how you can reduce the size of multiple PDF files at once. Now let’s see how!
How to reduce the size of a PDF file for free?
You can reduce or compress the size of a PDF file for free using any of the tools or software mentioned in this article. All the tools mentioned allow you to compress multiple PDF files at once. You can try free software like Reduce PDF Size or 4dots Free PDF Compress. Or use a free online tool like iLovePDF or PDFResizer to compress PDF size.
How to compress PDF file on PC?
To compress PDF file on PC, you can try free software that allows you to compress PDF documents offline. There are free software such as Free PDF Compressor, 4dots Free PDF Compress, Reduce PDF Size, and PDF Reducer that allow you to reduce the size of a PDF file. We have discussed some of these software in detail; see below.
How to batch compress PDF files in Windows 11/10
There are two main methods to batch compress PDF documents on Windows 11/10 PC. You can either compress PDFs in bulk using free software. Or, just use a free online tool to batch compress PDFs online. Here are the free software and online tools you can use to batch compress PDF files in Windows 11/10:
- Compress PDF Free 4dots
- Reduce PDF size
- PDF Compressor
- PDF24 Tools
Let’s discuss the above batch PDF compression software and online tools in detail!
1]Compress Free PDF 4dots
You can try 4dots Free PDF Compress to batch compress and optimize PDF documents on Windows 11/10. As the name suggests, it is a dedicated free software that allows you to compress PDF size in bulk. You can import multiple PDF documents and reduce their size at once. At the end when the compression is finished, it shows you the compression percentage and the size of the output file compared to the original size of PDFs. Now let’s discuss the exact procedure to mass compress PDF using this free software.
How to batch compress PDF documents using this free software in Windows 11/10:
Here are the basic steps to compress multiple PDF documents at once using this free software:
- Download and install 4dots Free PDF Compress.
- Launch the software.
- Import multiple PDF documents.
- Configure the output quality and other options.
- Enter the location of the output folder.
- Press the Compress button.
Now let’s discuss the above steps in detail!
First of all, you need to have 4dots Free PDF Compress installed on your PC to compress PDF in bulk. So, download and install this software and then launch it on your PC.
Now import multiple PDF files which you need to compress. As you add PDFs, you will be able to see their original size.
Then you can adjust the quality of the images saved in the source PDF. You can select the Compress images option and then adjust the image quality as needed. It also provides options like keep date created, keep date last modified, etc.
Finally, you can enter the location of the output folder and then hit the Compress button to start the mass PDF compression process.
When it finishes reducing the size of PDFs, it will show you the compression level and the compressed size as well as the original size.
You can download this free software here.
See: Optimize, compress and reduce PDF file size on Windows.
2]Reduce PDF size
Reduce PDF Size is another free software that you can try to batch compress PDF documents. This is a free software dedicated to Windows 11/10 that allows you to compress multiple PDF files simultaneously. You can easily perform bulk PDF compression using it. Let’s see how!
Follow the simple steps below to quickly compress PDF files in batches using this free software in Windows 11/10:
- First of all, download and install this free and handy software called Reduce PDF Size.
- Then start the graphical interface of this software.
- Now click on the File> Add PDF files option and import multiple PDF documents.
- Then go to Options menu and select the desired compression option from Low quality, High quality, etc.
- Finally, start batch PDF compression by clicking on the button File> Reduce PDF File Size option.
It is a nice and very simple software to reduce the size of PDFs in bulk. You download it from reducepdfsize.com.
Read: How to batch convert PowerPoint (PPT or PPTX) to PDF on Windows 11/10
As you can guess by the name, PDF Compressor is a dedicated online tool which is mainly used for compressing PDF documents in bulk. You can just add your PDF files and it will automatically compress your PDF files in a certain time. After compression, you can download individual PDF files or ZIP folder containing all output reduced PDF documents.
How to batch compress PDF documents online using PDF Compressor:
You can use the steps below to reduce PDF file size in bulk online:
- First, launch a web browser.
- Next, open the PDF Compressor website.
- Now browse and import multiple PDF files or drag and drop PDFs to its interface.
- After that, wait for some time until the mass PDF compression is finished.
- Finally, you can download the output PDFs with reduced size.
It shows the percentage of compression performed on each PDF file. Go to his site to try it out.
See: PDF Candy is an all-in-one online tool to manage PDFs
You can also try this online tool called apowersoft.com to batch compress PDF documents. This is a free online tool for batch compressing and optimizing PDF documents without losing the original quality. It is very fast in batch processing PDFs. Let’s take a look at the steps to batch shrink PDF files.
How to batch compress PDF files online with apowersoft.com
Here are the main steps to reduce PDF size in bulk using this free online tool:
- First, open a web browser.
- Now go to the apowersoft.com website. Make sure you are on its PDF Compressor page online.
- Then browse and add multiple PDF documents from your PC. You will be able to view the size of the PDF on its interface.
- After that, select the compression type like Size, Normal or Quality.
- At the end, press the Compress button to start the mass PDF compression process.
After PDF compression is complete, it is displayed before and after PDF sizes for you to compare the two sizes. It also shows the percentage of compression performed.
Related reading: Remove PDF restrictions using free software or online tools
iLovePDF is a free online tool with a set of PDF utility tools. One of its many tools also includes a PDF compression tool. It allows you to compress multiple PDF documents at once in a certain time. Here are the main steps to batch compress PDF using this free online tool:
- First, open one of your web browsers.
- Now go to iLovePDF’s PDF Compressor page.
- Then just add the source PDF files you want to bulk compress.
- After that, select a compression level in Extreme, Recommended, and Less compression.
- Finally, press the Compress PDF button and it will start to reduce PDF size.
It will download a ZIP folder containing the output compressed PDF documents. In addition, you will be able to view the percentage of compression applied to the source PDF files.
See: How to crop PDF pages in Windows 11/10
PDFResizer is a batch PDF resizer that also allows you to compress multiple PDF files at once. It also allows you to crop, rotate, convert, split or merge PDF documents. You can use the steps below to quickly compress PDF files in batches using this tool:
- Simply open a web browser and navigate to the pdfresizer.com website.
- Now choose the source PDF files which you want to reduce in size.
- Then click on the Upload Files button.
- After that, hit the Optimize PDF button.
- Finally, when the compression is complete, download the optimized PDF documents.
PDF24 Tools is a website that provides various PDF tools including batch PDF compressor. You can just add all your PDF files to it and it will reduce their size in bulk. You can also configure some output options before compression, including DPI, image quality, and color. Here are the basic steps to reduce the size of multiple PDFs using it:
- First, launch a web browser.
- Now open the PDF24 Tools website.
- Then drop your PDF files on its interface or simply browse and select the source PDF files.
- Then configure some output parameters according to your preferences.
- After that, click on the Compress button to start the mass PDF compression process.
You can download the resulting compressed PDF files or save them to Dropbox or Google Drive. You can also perform some actions on the resulting PDF files, including Merge, Protect, and To divide.
See: Batch printing of multiple PDF, Txt, Word files using Print Conductor
That’s it! Hope this article helps you quickly compress multiple PDF documents at once on Windows 11/10.
Now read: Best free batch PDF to Excel converter software for Windows.