We are looking for a full stack developer to join our team. You would be working on exciting projects that combine the use of cutting edge wearable devices with machine learning methods to address one of the most pressing challenges of our time: access to quality healthcare.
We are a digital healthcare company using innovative technologies and analytics to deliver affordable, high-quality healthcare in emerging markets.
We are reimagining the future of healthcare, saving lives and improving patient care. And since the coronavirus crisis, the need for our service is more urgent than ever.
If you are looking for an opportunity to do essential work, on a unique problem, alongside great and very talented people, we invite you to join us.
You will be responsible for developing and improving our existing technology stack. However, as a first-time hire, you would also have the opportunity to make a substantial contribution to the overall future of the tech platform.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Design and manage systems that enable real-time communication between our fleet of mobile surveillance devices and our cloud.
- Ensure the integrity and quality of data received on our cloud
- Contribute to the front-end development of user-friendly and highly available interfaces that allow real-time visualization of data on our cloud
Our current technologies
Our current technology stack enables real-time capture and download of various patient vital signs data that are measured by multiple Bluetooth enabled portable devices.
We have several pipelines that keep the data and store it in our NO-SQL database (DB document).
We have also developed a front-end infrastructure for physicians to visualize this data as it appears in our cloud. And give the doctor insight into the health and well-being of patients.
- Our apps are available in the mobile Appstore for quick access to the platform without sitting behind a
- This stack is built using the following technologies:
- We measure patient data using Android technology written in Kotlin.
Our cloud backend uses various AWS microservices created by IaC (Infrastructure as Code).
- User interfaces are written in Typescript and using React
Terms & Conditions
Overall, we are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate a deep passion for technology. We encourage applicants to provide concrete examples of projects they have worked on (for example, a personal website or GitHub page) as part of an application.
In addition, we ask:
- Bachelor’s degree and solid overall experience in computer science or a relevant engineering discipline
- Several years of relevant experience
- Being a Front End Assistant and a Pixel Perfect You know how to create great looking functional frontends and flexible user interfaces on web and mobile.
- Proficient in the use of cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Mastery of Git and DevOps tools such as GitHub, DevOps or
- Good understanding of REST APIs and backend
What we offer
Our technical team is one of the best in the country and together we will take your career to the next level. We are a fast moving and growing company changing healthcare in South Africa around the world. It is your change to be part of something meaningful and long lasting. We have a flexible work-from-home policy, and we’ll provide you with a MacBook pro to make sure you’re as productive as possible.